Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tips to take PMP Exam

It took me 3 months of study for many hours to prepare for the PMP certification from www.pmi.org. After long struggle I was able to clear my PMP certification which was my dream once.

What would one need to take this exam? Determination and willingness to take up this exam. Probably during our school or college days we would have put this effort. To do this all you need to do is the same thing.

Group discussions do help to pick up the keyword and understanding the definitions. As you should know PMP exam questions are more related to handling real time scenarios. But to do so you should be knowing the concept and definitions.

What did I do?
1. I started reading the PMBOK guide. I know when you read this for the first time it is weird. But still keep reading even if you did not understand.
2. Then you may read PMP Exam Prep by Rita Mulachy (http://www.rmcproject.com/about/rita.aspx). This would help you to relate the definitions what you read in the PMBOK guide
3. As you keep reading take notes in a word document on the definitions
4. Then you may subscribe at www.pmstudy.com and take mock up tests. There is one free mock up test in the site
5. Then read the PMBOK guide again and now you should be able to understand better.
6. If you can afford you can go for Rita Mulachy's simulation CD. It is expensive one and I did not buy this.

During this process I had taken lot of notes which would be helpful for reading. If needed you can email me to get it.

1 comment:

Nathaniel @ pmp exam questions said...

Your tips are essential in preparing and taking the PMP exam.

Determination and willingness is really much needed to achieve one's dream; and gaining the PMP certification is never an exemption.

Thanks for sharing!